Village of Mount Horeb is seeking a Wastewater Superintendent. Successful candidates will have expertise in leadership and have a strong dedication to environmental stewardship and the responsible management of wastewater treatment facilities.
The Village of Mount Horeb is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Wastewater Superintendent to lead our wastewater utility. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of our state-of-the-art wastewater treatment facilities (which is new as of 2018) as well as a collection system that includes 9 lift stations.
Some Key Functions will be:
- Manage the daily operation of the wastewater treatment facility, including maintenance and process control.
- Oversee a team of skilled operators while providing leadership, guidance and training as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal environmental regulations and permit requirements.
- Monitor and maintain equipment and infrastructure to ensure reliable and efficient plant operation.
- Develop and manage budgets, procurement of necessary supplies, and resources for the facility.
- Implement and promote safety protocols and procedures for all facility employees.
- Position will require employee to be on-call on a rotational basis which requires residence to be within 30 minutes to Mount Horeb.
Qualified Applicants will Have:
High school diploma or GED;
Two (2) year associate’s degree or 4 year bachelor’s degree preferred in Water and Wastewater Technologies, Environmental Engineering or other related studies with emphasis in Natural Resources and or other Sciences.
Certification from the Wisconsin DNR as an Advanced wastewater operator in all required subgrades; or ability to complete within a year of employment.
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license upon hire and a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) within six (6) months of hire;
Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in an activated sludge wastewater treatment facility of similar size and complexity with experience in a municipal sanitary sewer collection system;
Prefer two (2) years of supervisory experience; or any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Candidate must live within 30 minutes of the facility.
Why Join the Village of Mount Horeb?
- Competitive Wage – Wage range is 38-45 hourly depending on qualifications
- Great Work Location – Our plant is located on Sand Rock Road and offers great scenic views and opportunities to view wild life.
- Benefits – The Village of Mount Horeb participates in the Wisconsin State Retirement System, we offer health, dental, vision, life, accident and flex spending along with paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
If you are ready to make a difference in our community and have the skills and passion for this role, we encourage you to apply today!
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Click here to complete the online job application. As part of the online application, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The Village offers an exceptional benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS). Position will remain open until filled.
PLEASE USE FILLABLE JOB APPLICATION LOCATED UNDER “EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES” ON THE HOME PAGE OF THE VILLAGE OF MOUNT HOREB WEBSITE AT WWW.MOUNTHOREBWI.INFO.