Brief Description: The Service Mechanic is responsible for the service, repair and maintenance of Xylem pumping equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Our equipment is used in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. Principle duties will include, dissembling, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, servicing, installation and maintenance of our equipment.
We’re Hiring for a Pump Repair Mechanic!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Pump Repair Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, servicing, and repairing our Flygt pump equipment in a safe and efficient manner in the shop or at a customer job site. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform electric pump repair assessments, create quotes, and rebuild pumps.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical system, hydraulic and pump problems.
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed. Assist in the performance of start-up duties and ensure any problems are resolved.
- Perform an initial inspection of equipment for possible damages; diagnose damages; report damages to Service Center Manager.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform diagnostic checks using computer technology.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- 2-3 years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical problems.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices.
- General AC and DC electric and circuit testing skills.
- Safety practices and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- DOT Medical card or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers.
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the shop working environment is typically in an indoor workshop. The working environment will occasionally be outdoors in weather extremities. Use of PPE, exposures to hazardous material, loud noise, etc. and the physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition, this role may require frequent travel to customer sites and on-call as a regular part of the job.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $25 – $35 per hour plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
APPLY TODAY! https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oDcGqfwF&s=email
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.